Hong Kong is one of the most culturally diverse cities in Asia, with a vibrant and unique history of immigration. In the ten years leading to 2016, the ethnic minorities in Hong Kong had grown by 60%.
While diversity in Asia’s World City is a fact proved by numbers, however, it is worth questioning whether Hong Kongers are inclusive enough to embrace this diversity - What would you feel if a South Asian walked towards you in the middle of the night in Tsim Sha Tsui?
In this walk, we will explore the history of Hong Kong from the people’s perspective – How Hong Kong society benefits from cultural diversity with people from different origins and what we should do to protect this value of Hong Kong.
Kowloon Mosque and Islamic Centre – A brief history of how Islam came to Hong Kong and a tour inside the mosque with the Mufti.
The City’s Cultural Diversity - How immigrants around the world contributed to Hong Kong’s success today
Chungking Mansions – Meeting Jeffrey Andrews to learn the past and present of this legendary building known as the small United Nations
Enjoy the special snacks and drinks from different countries - Feel the warm hospitality of ethnic minorities!
Christian Action Center – From Vietnamese “Boat People” refugees to asylum seekers, meet a real refugee in Hong Kong
***COVID-19 vaccine: Tour participants have received COVID-19 vaccine(s) in accordance with the latest vaccination requirements under the Vaccine Pass, unless he/she is aged below 12 or holding a valid medical certificate stating that he/she is unfit, on medical ground, to be administered with a COVID-19 vaccine.
"LeaveHomeSafe": All walks require appropriate footwear for walking. Participants who do not have/refuse to use the "LeaveHomeSafe" mobile app and "Vaccine Pass" will be refused entry to the relevant venue.***
Full payment is required at the time of registration
The number of participants and details may be adjusted according to the latest anti-epidemic measures of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Government.
This product implements the anti-epidemic measures prescribed by the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Government. Participants should comply with relevant measures, including the use of the "LeaveHomeSafe" app.
Date and timing of the schedule might be amended by the tour guide on spot depending on the traffic, weather, and environmental condition, etc. to ensure the tourists’ safety.
Itineraries are subject to be changed without prior notice due to demonstrations, strikes, transportation changes, or any unexpected circumstances （heavy rain, earthquake, war, or natural disaster）.
The service provider reserves the right to re-arrange, cancel or amend the tour itinerary.
We are not responsible for any loss if the tour itinerary or timing of transportation changed in response to unforeseen circumstances.
We are not responsible for any accidents or property damage caused by the group members who failed to follow the staff's guidelines during the journey.
· Gratuities are welcome but not mandatory
· Wear suitable walking shoes and no slippers
· The itinerary includes temple visits, please do not wear skirts/shorts, see-through or tight-fitting clothing
· The minimum group size is 10. The tour itinerary will be canceled if the group size is less than 10. A cancellation email will be sent 7 days before the departure date.
· Please arrive at the gathering point 15 minutes before.
· The tour guide will inform the guests to confirm the team information one day before departure
· Two hours before departure, if the Hong Kong Observatory issues a tropical cyclone signal 3 or above or a black rainstorm warning signal. The tour will be canceled. The tour will continue with Typhoon signal No. 1 or below, the yellow or red rainstorm signal.
· The tour guide reserves the right to rerouting or cancellation of particular visits depending on the safety conditions at the time and the weather condition, and the tour fee will not be refunded.
· For other natural disasters that are not human-controllable, the company reserves the right to cancel or change the routing of the itinerary and notify the participants as soon as possible.
· The above itinerary is for reference only, subject to the tour guide arrangement on the day